Getting Started with AWS Glue
AWS Glue is a full-managed, clusterless ETL service that allows you to quickly extract and prep data for a wide variety of use cases. In addition to ETL, Glue also allows you to build a data catalog, which makes your data searchable, queryable and available for ETL jobs.
If you are just getting started with AWS Glue, I have put together some resources to help you understand how it can used, as well as some training materials you can use to get up to speed quickly.
1. Video: What is AWS Glue?
2. Video: Getting Started with Glue
3. Getting Started with Glue Data Catalog
4. Understand the AWS Glue highlighted use cases from here: https://aws.amazon.com/glue/
Queries Against an Amazon S3 Data Lake
Analyze Log Data in Your Data Warehouse
Unified View of Your Data Across Multiple Data Stores
Event-driven ETL Pipelines
5. Learn how to build Serverless ETL Data Pipelines
6. Check out these AWS Glue Resources:
Developer Resources https://aws.amazon.com/glue/developer-resources/
Glue Samples https://github.com/aws-samples/aws-glue-samples
Glue ETL Library: https://github.com/awslabs/aws-glue-libs
7. And if all else fails, learn how to create an AWS Support Case:
Check out the AWS Glue Developer Forums: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=262&start=0
And if you find a bug or need additional support, learn how to create an AWS Support Case: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awssupport/latest/user/getting-started.html
(And if you find any additional resources that should be in this list, please leave a comment below and let me know!)